TheStockMarketBull.com Forum Index TheStockMarketBull.com
The Stock Market Bull Session

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheStockMarketBull.com Forum Index -> The Dow 30
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clarkrl2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: MSFT Reply with quote

Today I added a credit put spread on MSFT. In another thread I mentioned how I track the Dow Industrials, Utilities, and Transports using PE - Yield. MSFT has a lot of cash ($5.76/share) with a 10.73 PE and 2.54% yield. I also believe it has some support between its current price and the short put price. I used a spread with strikes of 23/20 for Oct. I collected $.60/per contract. The stock would have to below $22.40 before I start losing money. .6/2.4 = 25% return before commissions.

This will give me credit put spreads in MSFT, T, and TRV and I own shares of INTC. I also have shares of MRK but since it is out of the top 10 industrials I will keep selling calls (current Jul with a 34 strike) against those shares until it is called.
clarkrl2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had closed this position on Aug 18 due to concerns mentioned in the AAPL thread. The point and figure chart for SPY is bearish and I was liquidating some short term positions. I closed the position for a debit of $.46/contract after opening for a credit of $.60 per conract for a gain of $.12/contract before commissions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TheStockMarketBull.com Forum Index -> The Dow 30 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: